ACCT 160 Washington State: Tax and Audit • 5 Cr.
This course will cover the State of Washington tax requirements, reporting and audit procedures. Topics covered will include State Unemployment, Labor & Industries, Department of Revenue - B&O and Business Property Tax. State audit processes will be covered and how companies can prepare for an audit, interpret the findings and the appeal process. Recommended: ACCT 101 or ACCT& 201.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Prepare the State Unemployment Tax Report and explain the process and calculation
- Discuss the purpose and reporting requirements of the Department of Labor & Industries and complete state required filings
- Create and maintain capital asset schedules for State Property Tax Reporting
- Complete the annual State Property Tax filing
- Explain the implications of Business and Occupation Tax and prepare required filings
- Describe the audit process as conducted by the Department of Revenue, Employment Security, and Labor & Industries