ACCT 272 QuickBooks Certification • 2 Cr.
This course is designed to prepare students for the QuickBooks User Certification Exam. The course will cover new features in the current release of QuickBooks Premier as well as provide a review of the overall program features. The certification exam will be taken in the last week of the quarter. Prerequisite: ACCT 172 with a C or better, or entry code.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Analyze and record financial transactions using accounting software
- Prepare the payroll for a service or a merchandising business
- Prepare revenue and payroll tax forms for state or federal government
- Prepare end-of-period transactions
- Create, print, and analyze financial statements and reports using accounting software
- Analyze the effects of transactions on the fundamental accounting equation Complete a computerized recordkeeping system of accounting
- Complete a standardized certification exam
- Discuss the use and application of ethics in computerized financial accounting
- Complete the QuickBooks User Certification Exam