ACCT 370 Forensic Accounting • 5 Cr.
The course covers the application of advanced accounting topics and investigative expertise. The course includes application of legal issues in professional settings. The focus of measurement will be on auditing, financial data, and accounting activities. Recommended: may be taken along with ACCT 420 and 470. Prerequisites: Admission to BAS Accounting program, and ACCT 351 and 360.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Analyze key areas critical to effective forensic accounting including the risk environment.
- Examine accounting responsibility in the control environment.
- Evaluate the detection and prevention of fraudulent audits.
- Apply key forensic accounting concepts to audit planning.
- Analyze fraudulent financial reporting.
- Evaluate the legal environment of forensic accounting.