AHEA 102 Introduction to Medical Administration • 5 Cr.
This course introduces students to basic medical office procedures, including patient scheduling, written and oral communication, telecommunications, medical records management, and daily financial practices. Prerequisite: Placement by assessment into ENGL&101, or completion of ENGL 092 or 093 with a C or better. Completion of AHE 100, AHE 110, and BTS 161 with a C or better or permission of Program Chair.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Describe the role and function of medical administration in the office setting.
- Distinguish and use appropriate medical administrative procedures.
- Process basic financial and medical records for a medical office.
- Apply medical administrative procedures using traditional and informatics-based systems.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with patients and members of the healthcare team.
- Apply safety practices for the medical office.