AHEA 112 Health Unit Coordinator II • 5 Cr.
The second in a series of courses focusing on skills needed to become a Health Unit Coordinator. Students learn the procedures and skills required for this position in a simulated healthcare environment. Prerequisite: Completion of AHEA 110 with a C or better or permission of Program Chair.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Prepare and maintain patients' charts
- Analyze and use the steps for the transcription of doctors' orders
- Distinguish between doctors' orders for tests, therapies/services, medication, and nursing orders
- Admit, discharge, and transfer patients
- Demonstrate the health unit coordinator's patient-centered activities, including the steps for completing admission, discharge, transfer, and surgical-related forms
- Use practice software to retrieve diagnostic test results