AHEE 120 Emergency Department Skills • 3 Cr.
First course of a series of corequisite courses that addresses general patient assessment skills required of Emergency Department Technicians. Prerequisite: Placement by assessment into ENGL&101, or completion of ENGL 092 or 093 with a C or better; and successful completion of AHEL 110 and AHEP 100 with a C or better at BC, or permission of Program Chair.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Employ appropriate triage for patients in an Urgent Care or Emergency Department environment
- Perform appropriate patient assessment skills for the technician qualified level
- Differentiate appropriate assessment of various vital signs
- Use appropriate documentation for an Urgent Care or Emergency Department environment
- Demonstrate appropriate patient transport and transfer techniques