AHEE 124 Emergency Department Procedures • 3 Cr.
Third course of a series of corequisite courses that addresses general patient procedural skills required of Emergency Department Technicians. Prerequisite: Placement by assessment into ENGL&101, or completion of ENGL 092 or 093 with a C or better. Successful completion of AHEL 110, AHEP 100, with a C or better at BC or permission of Program Chair.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Utilize specialized medical equipment
- Perform wound care, irrigation, and preparation before physicians begin suturing
- Employ orthopedic splinting procedures
- Use restraints and "Code Grey"
- Differentiate the general skills needed to adapt to new procedures and techniques in the Emergency Department