AHEM 128 Medical Assistant Practicum • 5 Cr.
Provides knowledge and skill practice in a clinical medical environment room as a student Medical Assistant. Prerequisite: Successful completion of AHEM 120, 122, 124 with a C or better at BC, and permission of the instructor. No more than one quarter between completion of AHEM 120, 122, 124 and enrollment in this course. Grading: Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Apply clinical skills, knowledge, and competency performance as a Medical Assistant in emergency situations in a Clinical environment
- Assess patient presentations and perform necessary procedures
- Assist physicians and other healthcare workers
- Utilize specialized medical equipment
- Perform clinical skills to the scope of practice for Medical Assistants
- Perform administrative skills to the scope of practice for Medical Assistants
- Spring 2020 (current quarter)