ALDAC 105 Chemical Dependency Client and Family Education • 3 Cr.
Explores effects of substance use, abuse and dependence on families and family dynamics. Includes review of community resources and content for educating family members of alcohol and drug addicted individuals. Prerequisite: Permission of program director.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Recognize the importance of family, social networks and community systems in the treatment and recovery process
- Describe the importance of referrals to other professionals, agencies, community support programs or other appropriate resources designed to assist family members with the recovery process
- Describe the effects of addiction on family systems
- Demonstrate the importance of self evaluation in regards to personal family issues regarding addiction
- Fall 2020 (current quarter)