ALDAC 108 Chemical Dependency Case Management • 3 Cr.
Introduces mandated requirements for case management responsibilities including patient record management for alcoholic and drug addicted individuals. Prerequisite: ALDAC 100, 102, 103, HSSA& 101 and permission of program director.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Describe the adaptation of counseling strategies to a patient's individual characteristics
- Demonstrate the knowledge, skills and attitudes needed to meet accepted principles of patient record management including but not limited to: patient rights to privacy and confidentiality; accuracy in preparing intake, assessment and screening reports; progress of patients in relation to treatment goals and objectives; prepare accurate concise discharge summaries; and use accepted models for documenting treatment outcomes.
- Demonstrate ability to apply federal, state and local laws and regulations in the documentation required for chemically dependent patients
- Describe the various case management models and their applications
- Spring 2020 (current quarter)