ALDAC 207 Chem Dependency HIV AIDS Brief Risk Intervention • 1 Cr.
Provides education on the pathology, intervention and treatment of HIV AIDS and other blood borne pathogens required for chemical dependency professional trainee and certification requirements to be a chemical dependency professional.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate skill to promote client knowledge regarding routes of administration for HIV/AIDS, sexually transmitted diseases (STD), TB and other blood and sirborne pathogens
- Demonstrate skills utilizing universal healthcare precautions
- Recognize variety of referral sources for assessing and treating air and blood borne pathogens
- Demonstrate skill to assess addiction client's risk for HIV/AIDS infection and promote healthy behaviors to reduce risk
- Describe the helath and behavior problems related to substance abuse including transmission and prevention of blood and airborne pathogens