ALDAC 220 Chemical Dependency Clinical Practicum • 3 Cr.
Provides opportunity for one on one counseling, group counseling and case management services in a DBHR certified chemical dependency treatment program with qualified supervision. Prerequisite: ALDAC 106, 108, 204, and 206 and permission of program director.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and attitudes necessary to insure the successful coordination of treatment services from screening to assessment to implementing treatment plan to discharge
- Demonstrate skills to facilitate group and one on one counseling as well as client education lectures
- Demonstrate knowledge of agency philosophy, policies and procedures
- Demonstrate practical application of counseling and drug alcohol treatment theory
- Complete Chemical Dependency Professional Trainee required fifty hours of directly observed client contact as stipulated in WAC 246-811