ALDAC 250 CD: Services, Professionalism and Self-Care • 3 Cr.
This class is designed to provide a forum for comprehensive demonstrations of knowledge, skills and attitudes of professional practice in the field of addiction treatment. Students will complete an all-inclusive review and demonstration of the principles and philosophies learned in the Alcohol/Drug Counseling Program in preparation for careers as Chemical Dependency Professionals. Recommended: ALDAC 105. Prerequisites: ALDAC 206, ALDAC 225, ALDAC 230.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Identify chemical dependency treatment agency services, philosophies, and missions.
- Illustrate a variety of chemical dependency treatment services, modalities, and approaches to treatment.
- Demonstrate the basic principles of professionalism in the field of chemical dependency treatment.
- Develop a marketing plan including professional portfolio with CDPT training plan, resume, and completion of the NAADAC licensing exam
- Implement a pragmatic professional self-care plan
- Utilize wholistic design and self-reflective processes to complete work oriented projects
- Be prepared to complete the NAADAC licensing exam
- Summer 2020 (current quarter)