ART 242 Advanced Studio:Oil Painting • 5 Cr.
Continues ART 240. Prerequisite: ART 111 and 121 and 240, or permission of instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Understand and employ a thorough skill base of color mixing and color theory
- Understand and demonstrate a thorough skill base regarding paint application techniques
- Understand and illustrate a comprehensive knowledge of formal concepts in painting
- Demonstrate ability to explore a specific theme in painting
- Demonstrate self-direction in regards to developing a personal path in painting
- Demonstrate ability towards in-depth analysis and objective critique regarding painting