BTS 268 Advanced Business Data Management Tools • 5 Cr.
Class title change starting Summer 2019
Advanced Business Database Tools • 5 Cr.
Course covers additional user interface features of a relational database. Advanced Wizards are used to create a user interface. Topics include action queries, macros, modules, switchboards, and startup options. Prerequisite: BTS 168.
Description starting Summer 2019
This hands-on course covers how to use data to analyze aspects of an organization's operation and make appropriate business decisions. It focuses on using web-based databases, working with external data tools to create reports and charts, exploring customer relationship database tools, and constructing methods for analyzing data in order to create effective visualizations using dashboards. Prerequisite: BTS 168.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Create and use a data macro to ensure the accuracy of data.
- Secure data using passwords, startup options, replication, and backups.
- Create and publish web databases for small and medium-size businesses.
- Distinguish major stages of data analysis in business environments, including data acquisition, transport, storage, processing and servicing.
- Present large business data sets using various visualization tools.
- Develop a custom dashboard that allows users to leverage data in business decision making by creating reports and queries.
- Create and use databases for customer relationship management strategies to improve business relationships between an organization and its customers.