BTS 289 Emerging Web Development Technologies • 5 Cr.
Class title change starting Summer 2020
Front End Web Development • 5 Cr.
Expands web development skills to market and sell products and services online. Topics include site design, data management, dynamic content, spry, shopping carts, search engine optimization and web marketing tactics. Projects integrate skills to design, build, and publish an ecommerce web site using current tools, following web marketing best practices and techniques. Prerequisite: BTS 189.
Description starting Summer 2020
This course extends skills in modern front end web development technologies including intermediate level coding with HTML and CSS, building mobile and responsive websites, using CSS frameworks, creating site navigation, ensuring accessibility, designing wireframes based on needs analysis, and performing usability testing. Prerequisites: BTS 189 or PROG 109. Students are required to be proficient in basic HTML and CSS prior to entering this course.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Create and implement a web marketing plan.
- Apply principles of effective web design and ongoing site maintenance.
- Use advanced Cascading Style Sheets to control display of images and media.
- Apply Search Engine Optimization (SEO) techniques to rank high in organic web search results, and understand Search Engine Marketing (SEM) for paid search efforts.
- Apply social networking techniques to increase site traffic by building communities and connecting with groups.
- Identify and implement electronic marketing tactics including e-newsletters, email lists, and affiliate advertising.