BUS& 101 Introduction to Business • 5 Cr.
Examines the role of business in a modern economy: growth, structure, organization, and relationship to the environment. Students investigate the objectives, functions, and management of business firms. Other topics include problems of organization, decision-making, and controls. Fulfills social science course requirement at BC.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Define pertinent business vocabulary
- Identify contemporary business concepts, principles and practices.
- Exhibit knowledge of the functions of business such as management, organization, human relations, marketing, financing and ethics.
- Analyze local and global business enterprises and environments in which they exist.
- Demonstrate an ability to work with a team to develop a business plan.
- Exhibit proficiency in analyzing information found in business publications.