BUS 106 Personal Risk Management • 1 Cr.
Part of a series of courses that present core components of personal finance applicable to individuals and financial service workers. Focus is on the insurance industry and its products. Students evaluate personal insurance needs.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Analyze personal risk and determine methods of mitigating this risk
- Evaluate various forms of life insurance and their benefits and costs
- Prepare personal information for appropriate insurance quotes – Evaluate three quotes for property insurance
- Evaluate the differences in risk between three or more health insurance packages
- Analyze risk management case studies
- Articulate the resources available under Medicare and Medicaid