BUS 107 Personal Real Estate • 1 Cr.
Part of a series of courses that present core components of personal finance applicable to individuals and financial service workers. Covers the single-family house and mortgage market. Students review the home buying and mortgage application process.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Evaluate case study between buying and renting including investment and tax benefits
- Articulate rights in the home buying process
- Review home buying programs
- Articulate steps in the home buying process and risks in each step
- Financial evaluation of various mortages (fixed rates, APR, variable rates, interest only, terms, points, etc. )
- Calculate the effect of brokers' fees, title insurance, inspections and lawyers fees on a home purchase
- Evaluate the effect of interest rates on mortgages
- Evaluate home equity loans and the risks of refinancing