BUS 108 Personal Investment • 1 Cr.
Part of a series of courses that present core components of personal finance applicable to individuals and financial service workers. Focus is on financial goals, historical risk and returns of major asset classes, asset allocation, maximizing after-tax returns and monitoring investments.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Create investment goals and plans utilizing the time value of money
- Evaluate investment alternatives, such as stocks, bonds, mutual funds and index funds
- Discuss critical investment concepts such as asset classes, asset allocation, return and risk
- Evaluate tax-advantaged investment plans
- Discuss investment advisors and ways to avoid fraud
- Spring 2019 (current quarter)