BUS 145 Business Mathematics • 5 Cr.
Presents practical mathematics for business and consumer financing. Topics include computing simple and compound interest, present values, annuities, and amortization.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Calculate percentages and their applications
- Understand the key concepts behind an amortization table
- Compute compound interest and present value
- Compute & understand the discount process
- Read, analyze and interpret financial reports
- Calculate mark ups, mark downs & discounts
- Apply business statistics such as mean medium & mode
- Plot frequency distributions & graphs
- Understand the concepts of depreciation