BUS 250 Entrepreneurship • 5 Cr.
Deals with organizing and operating a small business. Topics include development of a business plan, failure factors in small business, source of capital, record keeping, financial statements, taxation, marketing, legal and regulatory issues and management principles. Recommended: Completion of 30 business credits or equivalent business experience.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Develop and implement a business plan
- Analyze and evaluate various sources of funding
- Design a marketing plan that specifically evaluates customer needs
- Articulate why business fail
- Assess the contributions of small business to our economy.
- Judge the advantages of operating a small business
- Explain how the Small Business Administration helps small businesses
- Appraise different franchising options
- Demonstrate mastery of Risk Management tools