BUSIT 105 Introduction to Business Intelligence • 5 Cr.
Provides an introduction to Business Intelligence solutions. Introduces the concepts and current methodologies for creating multi-dimensional databases. Students work with current server tools to create and browse multi-dimensional databases of various designs. Students learn to use reporting software and analytical software tools to analyze data and present findings. Prerequisite: BUSIT 103 with a C or better and completion of ENGL& 101 with a C or better.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Describe the role of Business Intelligence in organizations.
- Describe the components of a Business Intelligence solution.
- Describe the role of a data warehouse.
- Create a multi-dimensional database.
- Create reports from data in a data warehouse and data in a multi-dimensional database using current reporting software tools.
- Describe the capabilities of Analytic Software tools and use those tools to create interactive displays and analyze data from multi-dimensional databases.
- Develop Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for an organization.
- Use advanced analytic tools including decomposition charts, performance maps and perspective views.