BUSIT 110 Data Warehouse I • 5 Cr.
Introduces the concepts associated with the development of a data warehouse. Students apply the "Extract, Clean, Conform, and Deliver" process to organizational data and build the dimension and fact tables required in a data warehouse. Current server tools are used in hands-on exercises. Prerequisite: BUSIT 105 with a C or better.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Define the role of Data Warehousing in an organization
- Identify issues with extracting data from heterogeneous data sources
- Describe accepted methodologies to clean and conform organizational data
- Design dimension tables with various schemas
- Design fact tables that satisfy the requirements of Key Performance Indicators
- Design a development plan for implementing a Data Warehouse