CJ 102 Policing Operations • 5 Cr.
Presents organizational structure and concepts of staff and line, chain of command, and hierarchy. Students examine advantages and limitations of organizational models for agencies of varying sizes.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Comprehend the roles and functions in police organizations.
- Explain the historical development of law enforcement from England to the present day in the United States.
- Evaluate the differences between local, county, and state police functions.
- Analyze model organizational charts for various size police agencies, police budgets, and financing of police activities.
- Analyze situations involving police discretion, ethics, police culture and crime control models of policing.
- Winter 2020 (current quarter)