CMST 131 Exploring the Digital Future • 5 Cr.
Surveys the history and future of global communication technologies. Students discuss the effects of the computer revolution and digital communication on society and explore career opportunities in digital communication fields.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Describe current digital technologies.
- Explain the historical and economic development of digital technologies.
- Articulate both the ethical and moral concerns inherent in the new digital technologies.
- Discuss emerging technologies and their potential application in the future.
- Spring 2019 (current quarter)