CS 310 Python for Data Science • 5 Cr.
This course covers the basics of the Python language, and then quickly moves to topics related to data manipulations and analysis. Subjects covered are the most common libraries used in data pre-processing and visualizations, using a coding environment that allows to mix code, text, and visualizations elements. Prerequisite: Admission to BS CS program, or instructor's permission.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Create a generic program in Python.
- Create a program in Python that does data pre-processing and analysis.
- Use Python libraries used in data analysis tasks.
- Use Python libraries used in data visualizations and graph plotting.
- Create notebooks that mix code, text, and visualization elements.