CS 380 Web Programming • 5 Cr.
This course explores the design and development of software applications that reside on a web platform. Through hands-on experiences students will develop interactive and dynamic web pages. Both server-side and client- side web application development are covered. Recommended: CS 331. Prerequisites: CS 211 and admission to BS CS program, or instructor's permission.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Describe the client-server architecture and its constraints for a web application.
- Review existing web applications using current web standards
- Design and implement a simple interaction web application.
- Generate dynamic content and implement user-authentication schemes by incorporating different types of databases.
- Compare and contrast web programming with general purpose programming.