CS 455 Cloud Computing • 5 Cr.
This course is an introduction to cloud computing. It teaches distributed computing concepts, the architecture of cloud computing, cloud services, virtualization, and cloud-based data storage. The course provides students with the opportunity to having a hands-on experience by deploying an application that uses cloud architecture for computing and data resources. Prerequisites: CS 331, CS 341, CS 360 and admission to BS CS program, or instructor's permission.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Discuss the importance of elasticity and resource management in cloud computing
- Distinguish Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of using virtualized infrastructure
- Explain strategies to synchronize a common view of shared data across a collection of devices
- Deploy an application that uses cloud infrastructure for computing and data resources
- Spring 2019 (current quarter)