CS 470 Mobile Application Development • 5 Cr.
This course is a project-oriented course on software application development for mobile devices. It teaches the basic principles of mobile application design, development and testing for resource-restricted devices. The course provides students with the opportunity to having a hands-on experience by deploying a real-world mobile application on the Android platform. Prerequisite: Admission to BS CS program, or instructor's permission.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Discuss the constraints of mobile devices
- Discuss the performance vs. power tradeoff
- Implement the model-view-controller design pattern
- Design and implement a mobile application with a graphical user interface
- Develop applications with location awareness and hardware sensors
- Deploy applications to the Android marketplace for distribution
- Fall 2019 (current quarter)