CS 485 Computer Science Co-Op/Practicum • V1-5 Cr.
Students undertake a full-time or part-time supervised work experience with an agency, firm, or organization approved by the program. Students develop a learning plan before the work project begins and submit a final written report. A written performance review by an onsite technical supervisor will be part of a student's final assessment. Prerequisite: CS 300 and admission to BS CS program, or instructor's permission.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
-Demonstrate a personal commitment to ethical behavior, competent practice, meeting legal and regulatory requirements, taking responsibility for their own work
- -Apply skills and knowledge acquired in the classroom in a work setting
- -Acquire knowledge of the industry in which the internship is done
- -Demonstrate effective communication with co-workers and supervisors
- -Write clear, concise, and accurate technical documents
- -Recognize the need for, and an ability to engage in continuous learning
- -Describe the professional, quality, economic, ethical, legal, security and social issues and responsibilities