DA 310 Introduction to Analytics • 5 Cr.
Introduces the importance of data management, data analysis and data representation. Includes the use of common statistical tools and their applications in decision-making and research. Emphasis is on quantitative and technology based analysis of real world problems to improve decision-making in various disciplines, along with report writing and presentation skills. Prerequisite: Admission into the program and BUSIT 103 with a C or better and MATH138 or MATH& 141 with a C or better; or permission of instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Assess how data analytics can be used to solve business problems
- Explore career paths related to data analytics
- Utilize common technological tools in service of data handling
- Employ SQL to work with data sets and build data applications
- Appraise the merits of Python and R to manage data sets
- Evaluate results to form conclusions that inform future actions
- Provide reports and recommendations to stakeholders to inform their next steps