DA 460 Data Analysis with Software and Programming • 5 Cr.
This course introduces modern software and programming languages for effective data analysis, such as R and Python. Students will learn how to configure software environment, apply programming concepts, build statistical models, and write code to analyze data sets. Prerequisite: BA 240 or DA 310 with a C or better, and admission into BAS Data Analytics program, or permission of instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Choose appropriate techniques to access data
- Utilize appropriate program packages
- Design and create functions and procedures
- Implement programs to build appropriate application models
- Create relevant output and graphs
- Debug, organize, and comment code
- Interpret results and clearly state conclusions in reports and presentations with close attention to detail