DA 485 Data Analytics Capstone Project • 5 Cr.
In this integrative learning course, students will engage in planning, designing, implementing and presenting a project demonstrating the attainment of business analytics program learning outcomes, as well as professional competencies and career readiness. Prerequisite: DA 420 with a C or better, or permission of instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Design, develop and implement a project following systematic methods acquired from the program
- Collaborate with a business sponsor, business liaison, and coaches to define the scope of the project
- Apply skills and knowledge attained from the program to address real and complicated business issues relevant to the sponsor organization
- Develop a written report commensurate with the scope and complexity of the project
- Present the project/deliverable orally to the sponsor audience, which may include business sponsor(s), business liaison(s), and subject matter experts.
- Solicit performance feedback from a business mentor(s)
- Develop skill improvement plan based on internship experience and self-assessment.