DANCE 131 Jazz Technique II • 2 Cr.
Continues DANCE 130, with students performing at a more advanced level. Students learn nuances of style, rhythm, and dynamics. May be repeated for a maximum of 6 credits. Prerequisite: DANCE 130 or equivalent or permission of instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Continue to develop Dance 130 skills.
- Use the characteristic elements of exercise for a Jazz Dance Class.
- Perform progressive exercises to stretch, strengthen, align and condition the dancer's body.
- Show how specific jazz movements in warm-up will later be incorporated into a dance combination.
- Use appropriate alignment and placement to turn, jump and move fluidly through space.