DEVED 020 Job Preparedness • V1-8 Cr.
No class description found.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
College and Career Readiness Standards
Upon completion of the course, students should be able to:
- • Read job announcements and information to identify appropriate job opportunities by using a variety of sources.
- • Find important details from job-related forms and documents (i.e., checklists, paycheck, pay stub, work schedule, safety warnings).
- • Organize writing appropriate to task and purpose (i.e., resume, business letter, email, requests).
- • Complete applications and work forms accurately.
- • Use capitalization, punctuation, and spelling correctly.
- • Give and respond to directions and instructions.
- • Leave clear voicemail messages and record telephone messages accurately.
- • Respond appropriately to common interview questions and state job skills and experience with confidence.
- • Come to discussions prepared and demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with supervisors, colleagues, and customers.
- • Use appropriate communication strategies to make short presentations and to respond appropriately to questions.
- • Log-in to Canvas
- • Send messages to your teacher in Canvas
- • Check your grades in Canvas
- • Complete assignments in Canvas
- • Participate in discussions with classmates and your teacher in Canvas