DMA 100 Portfolio and Employment I • 2 Cr.
Class title change starting Summer 2019
Survey of Digital Media Arts • 2 Cr.
Introduces students to the digital media industry and leads them though the creation of a personalized pathway for Digital Media Arts degree completion and employment. Students will explore industry trends, standards and expectations, and will complete a self-assessment process resulting in an initial course of study. The importance of portfolios for obtaining employment will be introduced. Required first-quarter course for students entering the DMA degree program. .
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Describe employment standards and hiring processes in various media production industries.
- Identify and use resources regarding trends and hiring expectations in their area of discipline.
- Analyze professional publications and separate objective, factual information from company/author opinion.
- Synthesize information from multiple sources to evaluate industry trends. Identify personal learning styles and employment goals.
- Articulate learning pathways though the DMA degree course of study.
- Identify a personal pathway for degree completion and employment preparation.
- Provide a plan for on-going self-assessment in terms of learning success and employment preparation.