DMA 105 Production Studio • 5 Cr.
Class title change starting Summer 2019
Project Management Fundamental Digital Media Art • 5 Cr.
Provides students with practical experience working on collaborative teams while applying design principles and processes. Small teams will be taught to work together to carry a design solution through the cycle of pre-production including steps such as working with clients, creating design documents, making pitches, drafting contingency plans and budgeting. Prerequisite: DMA 100 and 103 at BC with a C- or better, or instructor permission. Recommended that students be in third quarter of enrollment or later.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Collaborate successfully as a team member
- Represent themselves professionally and with confidence
- Plan, execute and revise projects in specific discipline areas
- Estimate time and resources for each phase of the project
- Identify critical path failure and develop contingency plans
- Identify the role of various professionals in their specific field
- Outline effective client communication practices (e.g., conduct needs analysis, schedule reviews)
- Identify learning strategies for self-directed learning – assess own knowledge gaps, locate resources to address gaps, self-motivate, schedule time productively, etc.
- Recognize and offer constructive criticism, and exhibit continual growth based on feedback and performance evaluation