DMA 203 Motion Design Fundamentals • 5 Cr.
An introduction to the technologies, theories, practices and techniques used to create motion graphics as used in animations, gaming environments and special effect videos. Students will apply basic moving image design theory to create and manage moving images, graphics, illustrations and effects. End use requirements for various applications of moving graphics will also be explored as well as simple audio editing tools. Prerequisite or concurrent enrollment: DMA 202.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Apply the elements and principles of motion design.
- Describe and apply the principles of animation.
- Prepare a variety of graphics for use as elements of animations.
- Incorporate simple soundtracks into motion graphics.
- Apply a narrative while crafting motion graphics.
- Explain and demonstrate the relation of typography and simple screen design to an effective motion graphics project.
- Generate ideas and employ an iterative visual design process to bring ideas to fruition.
- Manage, store and retrieve visual assets using the appropriate software.
- Describe the considerations of preparing motion graphics for delivery in various environments and delivery platforms.