DMA 205 Design Application • 5 Cr.
This course further teaches the principles of usability. Students learn the practical knowledge and skills to create a user-centered design and to conduct usability testing. Students will further develop their skills for generating assets for use in a variety of media and devices. Emphasis on strategies for design based on user needs and to develop appropriate testing scenarios. Prerequisite or concurrent enrollment: DMA 204.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Develop and describe an economical, sustainable, and ethical work-flow for addressing client needs and producing necessary graphics.
- Create a targeted group of graphic assets using multiple tools and procedures.
- Demonstrate the ability to create advanced graphics for specific projects in related classes.
- Process advanced graphic assets for various work environments and delivery modes.
- Develop personal and corporate branding.