DMA 216 3D Fundamentals • 5 Cr.
This course will guide students through the 3D asset creation pipeline, including, modeling, material creation, texturing, lighting, and rendering. Students will gain hands on experience with this process by following industry best practices and tools. Prerequisite: DMA 113 at BC with a C- or better, or permission of instructor. Recommended to complete the core 100 level requirements before taking this course.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Assemble high-resolution game assets using industry standard tools and techniques
- Compose materials and textures for digital assets
- Observe and execute the next generation asset creation pipeline
- Design low-resolution models and UV unwraps
- Reproduce the steps required for preparing a model in a game engine
- Manage, store and retrieve visual assets using appropriate software
- Explore and illustrate methods of presenting a 3D design