DMA 218 3D Technical Foundations • 5 Cr.
This course will introduce students to the technical components and performance considerations for 3D production level assets. Topics covered include creating real-time visual effects and identifying and correcting performance issues with real-time rendering. Prerequisite or concurrent enrollment: DMA 217.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Discuss and design various types of particle and rigid body simulations
- Construct digital physics rules based on real-world physics concepts
- Design sequences in both off-line and real-time environments.
- Illustrate methods of presenting simulations.
- Explore and reproduce the basics of scripting for simulations
- Assemble a professional quality presentation