DMA 225 Game Design Fundamentals • 5 Cr.
In this course, students will gain a foundational knowledge of the game design pipeline. Students will gain hands on experience implementing the elements of various game design techniques using paper prototypes. An emphasis on team projects and presentation skills will be covered in this course. Previously DMA 140, with the curriculum shifted to a 200-level. Prerequisite: DMA 113 at BC with a C- or better, or permission of instructor. Recommended to complete the core 100-level requirements before taking this course.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Experiment with various game mechanics
- Identify and apply the principles of game design
- Develop and test a paper game prototype
- Critically analyze the design of a game.
- Describe and construct a game design document.
- Collaborate in a group to organize and design a game prototype