DMA 226 Digital Game Design • 5 Cr.
Beginning GAME students design and implement their own computer games. Fundamentals of programming and graphic development are covered with respect to game development. Prerequisite or concurrent enrollment: DMA 225.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Understand the tasks and roles associated with game design and development
- Understand the capabilities and limitations of a game design platform
- Develop a testing method for a game
- Understand the time and resources necessary to complete games of varying complexity
- Understand the constituent parts that make up a video game
- Apply design principles to digital game designs
- Express the game pipeline through collaborative digital design projects
- Describe and construct a game design document
- Discover and apply scripting and node-based programming languages complexity