DMA 255 Video Production I • 5 Cr.
Continues DMA 108 in a field setting, including intermediate and advanced shooting and editing techniques. Students practice field lighting and audio, production budgeting and planning, script writing, and storyboarding. Student production teams create professional-quality video productions. Prerequisite: DMA 108 at BC with a C- or better, or instructor permission.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Describe and demonstrate the preproduction steps necessary for planning a video project.
- Explain and use the rule of thirds when composing shots.
- Plan for and successfully shoot video scenes using a shot list.
- Shoot and analyze b-roll to identify shots with the best composition and unwanted ambient light and sound.
- Create a promotional video using b-roll and audio voice-overs.
- Plan, shoot and edit a video that illustrates steps in a process.