DMA 271 Production Systems • 4 Cr.
Presents a systematic approach to production management and operations. Students analyze the systems within BC-TV operations and learn to work effectively as production team members. Requires basic word-processing skill. Prerequisite: Acceptance into the Advanced Certificate in Video Production program and permission of the instructor. DMA 271 replaces VIDEO 271. Either DMA 271 or VIDEO 271 may be taken for credit, but not both.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Describe the functions and components found in a single camera video field production system.
- Describe the functions and components used in a multiple camera switched field production system.
- Explain the media management system used in TvS.
- Explain the key personnel roles on a production team.
- Explain why effective team-building is essential to successful productions.