DMA 274 Production Design • 4 Cr.
Presents a systems approach to the production process. Topics include design, treatments, storyboards, publicity, budgets, and scripts, scouting locations and assembling a crew, compiling and analyzing audience profiles, impact, and feedback, increasing audio, video, and post-production values, ethics and integrity. Prerequisite: Acceptance into the Advanced Certificate in Video Production program and permission of the instructor. DMA 274 replaces VIDEO 274. Either DMA 274 or VIDEO 274 may be taken for credit, but not both.
Acceptance into the Advanced Certificate in Video Production program and permission of the instructor. DMA 275 replaces VIDEO 275. Either DMA 275 or VIDEO 275 may be taken for credit, but not both.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Use preproduction steps for planning a video project.
- Develop a plan to successfully shoot video scenes using a shot list.
- Use the behaviors necessary for a successful video producer.
- Explain the design for a video production based on the intended audience.
- Explain the basic format for a typical news magazine segment.
- Spring 2020 (current quarter)