DMA 281 Career Preparation • 6 Cr.
Allows students to identify and secure an internship in media production and complete a contract of employment. Prerequisite: Acceptance into the Advanced Certificate in Video Production program and permission of the instructor. DMA 281 replaces VIDEO 281. Either DMA 281 or VIDEO 281 may be taken for credit, but not both.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Take responsibility for the planning and follow-through of a client-based video project.
- Represent oneself professionally and with confidence.
- Ask for and accept constructive criticism, and exhibit continual growth based on feedback and performance evaluation.
- Communicate professionally and responsibly with client.
- Learn independently – assess own knowledge gaps, locate resources to address gaps, self-motivate, schedule time productively, etc.