DMA 293 Portfolio Creation and Presentation • 3 Cr.
This course guides students through the process/components required to create a professional employment portfolio. Graduating students will be provided with the opportunity to present themselves and their portfolio to a panel of industry professionals and/or hiring agents to receive feedback on their presentation. Students will also review and provide feedback on peer portfolios. Recommended: DMA 204, DMA 218, DMA 227, or DMA 252. Prerequisite: DMA 288 at BC with a C- or better, or permission of instructor. Recommended corequisite for DMA 289.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Present themselves and their work samples in a professional manner
- Provide constructive feedback when analyzing portfolios
- Accept feedback and adjust designs accordingly
- Identify the key attributes of a digital media professional portfolio
- Design a working model of a professional portfolio
- Critically analyze work samples for inclusion in a portfolio
- Identify delivery methods and standards for media portfolios
- Fall 2020 (current quarter)