DRMA 251 Acting Contemporary Scene Study • 5 Cr.
Acting training based on preparation of scene work in the context of the entire play. Students rehearse and perform scenes chosen from contemporary theater plays. A variety of acting methods are studied. Prerequisite: DRMA 151 with a C or better, or permission of instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Analyze a contemporary script.
- Identify a character's objective and obstacle in a play and scene.
- Perform a variety of warms ups for rehearsal and performance.
- Maintain concentration while acting onstage.
- Engage an acting partner with focus.
- Confront personal physical and vocal habits with honesty.
- Present contemporary scenes.
- Winter 2020 (current quarter)